Great news! Our Finland inquiry trip itinerary has been confirmed as follows.
**Finnish Educators: Please add your contact information to this linked Google Doc as we would like to connect with you before, during and after our trip.
Monday-Friday, March 25-29, 2013
3/24 Sunday – Arrive, check into University housing
3/25 Monday – Day of Learning at the University of Helsinki in Teacher & Leader Ed Program
- Contacts: Jari Lavonen, Timo Tamminen & Meri Arnala
- #Pennfinn13 Dinner with Pasi Sahlberg and Principals Olli Maatta, Tinna Korhonen
3/26 Tuesday – School 1 – Helsinki Normal Lyceum (Grade 7-9)
- Contact: Olli Maatta, Principal – LinkedIn
3/27 Wednesday – School 2: SYK, Helsinki (Independent Grade 3-12)
- Contact: Jukka Tanska, Principal
Edutopia’s LIVE Google Hangout from Helsinki, Finland
- Join us at 12 EDT –> Details/Sign up free
3/28 Thursday – School 3: Koulumestarin koulu (Elementary)
- Contact, Tinna Korhonen, Principal
In-Service Skype Conversation w/ @KnappElementary staff, 2PM EDT
3/29 Friday – Culminating reflection day across student, teacher, parent, leader lenses.
- Visit with Pasi Sahlberg, General of CIMO in Helsinki, Author, Speaker, Change Activist. Follow Pasi on Twitter, LinkedIn or visit his website. Below are two videos highlighting recent presentations. 1) @TVOParents Interview on Finnish Education System and 2) TEDxEast Talk on GERM: What’s Killing Our Schools.